Track & Field Team Competes at Brockport Classic
Freshman Shannon Gordinier continues her dominance in the 60m dash
The Mighty Oaks track and field team competed at the Brockport Midseason Classic Feb. 7. The meet featured 14 schools, many from the SUNY athletic conference.
On the women's side, Shannon Gordinier won the 60-meter dash for the second week in a row with a time of 7.93. Gordinier's time would have her ranked as one of the top 20 in the nation among NCAA Division III schools. Gordinier also won fourth place in the 200-meter dash with a time of 27.15, a new ESF school record. Other notable perfomances on the women's squad were freshman Hunter Longenberger (shotput, 18th place, 8.11m) and junior Cara Keogh (300m, 15th place, 12:18).
On the men's side, Ryan Mackerer set a new ESF school record in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 54.24 while finishing in 15th place out of 36 runners. Senior Thomas Acuri finished in the top 20 in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:06. The men's distance medley team, consisting of junior Dan McGraw, sophomore Alex Fisher, Mackerer and Acuri, also set a new school record with time of 11:43.
The team is off this weekend and will return to action at the Denaukt Invitational held at Cornell University Feb. 21.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210