Track & Field Team Competes at Brockport Classic
Freshman Shannon Gordinier continues her dominance in the 60m dash
The Mighty Oaks track and field team competed at the Brockport Midseason Classic Feb. 7. The meet featured 14 schools, many from the SUNY athletic conference.
On the women's side, Shannon Gordinier won the 60-meter dash for the second week in a row with a time of 7.93. Gordinier's time would have her ranked as one of the top 20 in the nation among NCAA Division III schools. Gordinier also won fourth place in the 200-meter dash with a time of 27.15, a new ESF school record. Other notable perfomances on the women's squad were freshman Hunter Longenberger (shotput, 18th place, 8.11m) and junior Cara Keogh (300m, 15th place, 12:18).
On the men's side, Ryan Mackerer set a new ESF school record in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 54.24 while finishing in 15th place out of 36 runners. Senior Thomas Acuri finished in the top 20 in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:06. The men's distance medley team, consisting of junior Dan McGraw, sophomore Alex Fisher, Mackerer and Acuri, also set a new school record with time of 11:43.
The team is off this weekend and will return to action at the Denaukt Invitational held at Cornell University Feb. 21.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210