Leopold to Present on Onondaga Lake Restoration
The March 5 session of Institute for Retired People will feature Dr. Donald Leopold, an ESF Distinguished Teaching Professor and chair of the Department of Environmental and Forestry Biology. He will discuss the many vegetation-based restoration projects at various stages near Onondaga Lake. Leopold has been working with engineers and scientists from O'Brien and Gere, Parsons, and Honeywell for the past 10 years.
IRP meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Syracuse, 5833 East Seneca Turnpike, Jamesville. The meeting is open to anyone in the community who is retired or semi-retired.
Further information is available at the link above or by calling Sandra at 315-443-5404 or sending an email to email@example.com. IRP is a community program of University College of Syracuse University, dedicated to the principle of lifelong learning.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210