Leopold to Present on Onondaga Lake Restoration
The March 5 session of Institute for Retired People will feature Dr. Donald Leopold, an ESF Distinguished Teaching Professor and chair of the Department of Environmental and Forestry Biology. He will discuss the many vegetation-based restoration projects at various stages near Onondaga Lake. Leopold has been working with engineers and scientists from O'Brien and Gere, Parsons, and Honeywell for the past 10 years.
IRP meets from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at First Baptist Church of Syracuse, 5833 East Seneca Turnpike, Jamesville. The meeting is open to anyone in the community who is retired or semi-retired.
Further information is available at the link above or by calling Sandra at 315-443-5404 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. IRP is a community program of University College of Syracuse University, dedicated to the principle of lifelong learning.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210