Track Teams Contend at Cortland Classic
Several Mighty Oaks set school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track team competed at the Cortland Classic at SUNY Cortland on April 17-18.
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri set a new ESF school record in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:59. Arcuri finished in 14th place overall out of 66 runners in the event. Junior Peter LeDuc set a school record in the men's 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:22, giving him a 12th place finish out of 23 participants. Freshman Nick Giordano set a new school record in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 52.81, finishing 29th out of 47 runners.
On the women's team, the 4x800-meter relay squad consisting of Andrea Szweczyk, Courtney Pitman, Samantha Hollister and Emily Verbeck set a new school record of 11:12, finishing third out of four teams. Freshman Emily Verbeck also had a strong performance in the women's 800-meter run with a personal best of 2:46.
Both the men's and women's teams finished their record-setting season on a high note at the Cortland Classic. Several athletes will return to action in the fall as part of the cross-country team.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210