Track Teams Contend at Cortland Classic
Several Mighty Oaks set school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track team competed at the Cortland Classic at SUNY Cortland on April 17-18.
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri set a new ESF school record in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:59. Arcuri finished in 14th place overall out of 66 runners in the event. Junior Peter LeDuc set a school record in the men's 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:22, giving him a 12th place finish out of 23 participants. Freshman Nick Giordano set a new school record in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 52.81, finishing 29th out of 47 runners.
On the women's team, the 4x800-meter relay squad consisting of Andrea Szweczyk, Courtney Pitman, Samantha Hollister and Emily Verbeck set a new school record of 11:12, finishing third out of four teams. Freshman Emily Verbeck also had a strong performance in the women's 800-meter run with a personal best of 2:46.
Both the men's and women's teams finished their record-setting season on a high note at the Cortland Classic. Several athletes will return to action in the fall as part of the cross-country team.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210