Track Teams Contend at Cortland Classic
Several Mighty Oaks set school records
The Mighty Oaks men's and women's track team competed at the Cortland Classic at SUNY Cortland on April 17-18.
On the men's side, senior Thomas Arcuri set a new ESF school record in the 800-meter run with a time of 1:59. Arcuri finished in 14th place overall out of 66 runners in the event. Junior Peter LeDuc set a school record in the men's 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 10:22, giving him a 12th place finish out of 23 participants. Freshman Nick Giordano set a new school record in the men's 400-meter dash with a time of 52.81, finishing 29th out of 47 runners.
On the women's team, the 4x800-meter relay squad consisting of Andrea Szweczyk, Courtney Pitman, Samantha Hollister and Emily Verbeck set a new school record of 11:12, finishing third out of four teams. Freshman Emily Verbeck also had a strong performance in the women's 800-meter run with a personal best of 2:46.
Both the men's and women's teams finished their record-setting season on a high note at the Cortland Classic. Several athletes will return to action in the fall as part of the cross-country team.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210