Limburg Honored as Exemplary Researcher
Fisheries ecologist recently published in Bioscience
The video associated with this story has been removed. Contact email@example.com if you need further information.
Dr. Karin Limburg, a fisheries ecologist in the ESF Department of Environmental and Forest Biology (EFB), has received the College's 2010 Exemplary Researcher award.
The award was presented to Limburg April 14 as part of ESF Spotlight Symposium that focuses on student research. The award is given annually and recognizes a faculty member with exemplary research activity, publication record and graduate/undergraduate student research programs.
Limburg, an associate professor, joined the EFB faculty in August 1999. In nominating her for the award, EFB Chair Donald J. Leopold described her as "one of the most productive researchers at ESF," including grants received, number of students trained, post-doctoral associates and visiting scientists supported, and papers published and highly cited.
Leopold said Limburg's scientific research is cited more often than any other faculty member in EFB. Her most recent work focuses on the decline of fish in the Atlantic Ocean. Her work on the subject was published in the Proceedings of the Royal Society and in BioScience.
Limburg is on the board of the U.S. Society for Ecological Economics and is the founding co-editor of Ecological Economics Reviews.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
- CCLP Honored for Landscape Preservation Project in California
- American Fisheries Society Honors Ringler
- ESF Hosts Largest-Ever Incoming International Class
- ESF Hosts Inclusive Excellence Welcome Reception
- 2018 Fall Sports Preview
- ESF Stages Exhibits at New York State Fair
- NYC Students Learn Hands-on Science
- Study in ‘Nature’ Details Global Land Change
- ESF, Ichor Therapeutics Team Up to Combat Age-related Illness
- Wagner Receives College Foundation Teaching Award
- Dr. Timothy Volk Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210