Men's Cross Country Team Finishes Second at LeMoyne College
Women's team finishes in third place
The ESF men's and women's cross country teams got off to a solid start in their first race of the 2015 season, Sept 5., at LeMoyne College Short Course in Syracuse, New York.
The men's team, who will defend its title as USCAA national champions for the fifth straight season, finished in second place in the 6K race and was lead by senior Stephen Slonosky who finished in sixth place overall with a time of 22:22.
Juniors Peter LeDuc (seventh - 22:29) and Reed Scott (eighth - 22:38) also finished in the top 10.
On the women's side, the Mighty Oaks finished the 5K race in third place overall and were lead by freshman Marissa Lathrop who finished in sixth place overall (17:13) in her first-ever collegiate meet.
Also finishing in the top 10 were freshman Erin Cuddihy (eighth - 18:24) and junior Courtney Pitman (ninth - 18:28).
"Despite the hot racing conditions, I am very happy with both teams" said head Coach John View. "Our freshmen stepped up and got their first real taste of collegiate cross country."
Both teams are back in action on Sept. 12 at the Oswego State Invitational.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210