Men's Cross Country Team Finishes Second at LeMoyne College
Women's team finishes in third place
The ESF men's and women's cross country teams got off to a solid start in their first race of the 2015 season, Sept 5., at LeMoyne College Short Course in Syracuse, New York.
The men's team, who will defend its title as USCAA national champions for the fifth straight season, finished in second place in the 6K race and was lead by senior Stephen Slonosky who finished in sixth place overall with a time of 22:22.
Juniors Peter LeDuc (seventh - 22:29) and Reed Scott (eighth - 22:38) also finished in the top 10.
On the women's side, the Mighty Oaks finished the 5K race in third place overall and were lead by freshman Marissa Lathrop who finished in sixth place overall (17:13) in her first-ever collegiate meet.
Also finishing in the top 10 were freshman Erin Cuddihy (eighth - 18:24) and junior Courtney Pitman (ninth - 18:28).
"Despite the hot racing conditions, I am very happy with both teams" said head Coach John View. "Our freshmen stepped up and got their first real taste of collegiate cross country."
Both teams are back in action on Sept. 12 at the Oswego State Invitational.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210