Men's Cross Country Team Finishes Second at LeMoyne College
Women's team finishes in third place
The ESF men's and women's cross country teams got off to a solid start in their first race of the 2015 season, Sept 5., at LeMoyne College Short Course in Syracuse, New York.
The men's team, who will defend its title as USCAA national champions for the fifth straight season, finished in second place in the 6K race and was lead by senior Stephen Slonosky who finished in sixth place overall with a time of 22:22.
Juniors Peter LeDuc (seventh - 22:29) and Reed Scott (eighth - 22:38) also finished in the top 10.
On the women's side, the Mighty Oaks finished the 5K race in third place overall and were lead by freshman Marissa Lathrop who finished in sixth place overall (17:13) in her first-ever collegiate meet.
Also finishing in the top 10 were freshman Erin Cuddihy (eighth - 18:24) and junior Courtney Pitman (ninth - 18:28).
"Despite the hot racing conditions, I am very happy with both teams" said head Coach John View. "Our freshmen stepped up and got their first real taste of collegiate cross country."
Both teams are back in action on Sept. 12 at the Oswego State Invitational.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210