ESF to Host NMR Conference, Structural Biology Symposium
Event to cover NMR spectroscopy-related topics
ESF will host the 14th Upstate New York NMR Conference and 1st Upstate Structural Biology Symposium in October in the Gateway Center.
The conference and symposium feature oral presentations and a poster session covering NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) spectroscopy-related topics Oct. 19 and more general structural biology-based themes Oct. 20.
The NMR symposium will also celebrate the recent installation of the NIH-funded Bruker Avance 800 MHz NMR with cryo probe at ESF, a project made possible by the collaboration of NMR aficionados from Cornell, Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse.
The keynote speakers are Professor Guy Montelione from Rutgers University and Professor Eaton Lattman from the Hauptman-Woodward Institute/SUNY Buffalo.
The program begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 19 and ends at 5 p.m. Oct. 20, with breakfast and lunch provided both days plus an opening-day reception during which the poster session will take place. There is no registration fee for the entire event but participants are asked to register so organizers can make proper arrangements.
The event is organized by ESF, Syracuse University and SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210