ESF to Host NMR Conference, Structural Biology Symposium
Event to cover NMR spectroscopy-related topics
ESF will host the 14th Upstate New York NMR Conference and 1st Upstate Structural Biology Symposium in October in the Gateway Center.
The conference and symposium feature oral presentations and a poster session covering NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) spectroscopy-related topics Oct. 19 and more general structural biology-based themes Oct. 20.
The NMR symposium will also celebrate the recent installation of the NIH-funded Bruker Avance 800 MHz NMR with cryo probe at ESF, a project made possible by the collaboration of NMR aficionados from Cornell, Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse.
The keynote speakers are Professor Guy Montelione from Rutgers University and Professor Eaton Lattman from the Hauptman-Woodward Institute/SUNY Buffalo.
The program begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 19 and ends at 5 p.m. Oct. 20, with breakfast and lunch provided both days plus an opening-day reception during which the poster session will take place. There is no registration fee for the entire event but participants are asked to register so organizers can make proper arrangements.
The event is organized by ESF, Syracuse University and SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210