ESF to Host NMR Conference, Structural Biology Symposium
Event to cover NMR spectroscopy-related topics
ESF will host the 14th Upstate New York NMR Conference and 1st Upstate Structural Biology Symposium in October in the Gateway Center.
The conference and symposium feature oral presentations and a poster session covering NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) spectroscopy-related topics Oct. 19 and more general structural biology-based themes Oct. 20.
The NMR symposium will also celebrate the recent installation of the NIH-funded Bruker Avance 800 MHz NMR with cryo probe at ESF, a project made possible by the collaboration of NMR aficionados from Cornell, Rochester, Buffalo and Syracuse.
The keynote speakers are Professor Guy Montelione from Rutgers University and Professor Eaton Lattman from the Hauptman-Woodward Institute/SUNY Buffalo.
The program begins at 8 a.m. Oct. 19 and ends at 5 p.m. Oct. 20, with breakfast and lunch provided both days plus an opening-day reception during which the poster session will take place. There is no registration fee for the entire event but participants are asked to register so organizers can make proper arrangements.
The event is organized by ESF, Syracuse University and SUNY Upstate Medical University.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210