Bass Fishing Team Struggles in Competition
Harsh weather hampers two-day effort
The ESF bass fishing team traveled to the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland in mid-September for the FLW (Fishing League Worldwide) Northern Conference Championship.
The ESF representatives competed against teams from 45 other colleges.
Juniors Jacob Ball and Ethan Hall faced some challenges. Harsh weather and poor conditions affected their perfomance as they came up short during the two-day event and failed to qualify for the FLW College Fishing Championship Tournament.
The team looks to learn from this experience and apply it to future fishing tournaments.
Recent ESF News
- Scientists Link Decline of Baltic Cod to Hypoxia – and Climate Change
- ESF Graduates Advised: Turn Your Passion into Purpose
- ESF Student Participates in SEA Semester
- ESF Celebrates December Commencement
- Princeton Review Ranks ESF No. 2 among Nation's 'Green Colleges'
- Senior Truong Ho Receives Statewide EOP Award
- Researchers Discover Process for Slow Removal of Old Carbon from Oceans
- ESF, Upstate Partner on Accelerated Scholars Program
- 50% Decline in Mallard Population Sparks Research Efforts
- New Center of Excellence in Healthy Water Solutions Showcased at ESF
- Dr. Lee Newman Honored with Stephen D. Ebbs Distinguished Service Award
- ESF Leads International Team in Hypoxia Research
- ESF to Host Travel Unity Summit, Explore “Cultivating Welcoming Communities
- ESF Joins 19 New York Colleges and Universities to Purchase Large-Scale Aggregated Renewable Energy
- ESF Alum Named 2019 AASHE Sustainability Award Winner
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210