Women’s Soccer Team Loses Rochester in OT
Mighty Oaks defeated after nine extra minutes
The Mighty Oaks women lost a close one to the University of Rochester junior varsity team in Rochester Saturday. The teams were evenly matched through regulation time, forcing the game into overtime, where ESF suffered defeat.
Rochester scored first with a header goal in the 40th minute of the first half. The Mighty Oaks responded late in the second half, evening the score with a goal scored by freshman Ana Flores. The score remained in a tie through the rest of the second half, forcing the game into overtime. Rochester won it with a goal in the ninth minute, sending the Mighty Oaks home with a 2-1 loss. Mighty Oaks Goalkeeper Olivia Gagliardi, a freshman, registered 11 saves in the game.
The Mighty Oaks women will compete against Elmira College at 3 p.m. Oct. 9 at Elmira.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210