Basketball Team Wins Two Straight
Mighty Oaks open conference play with convincing victories
After a rough week on the road with two losses, the ESF men's basketball team returned to the comfort of its home court to pick up two wins against HVIAC conference foes.
The first of the back-to-back games pitted ESF against Culinary Institute of America. The Mighty Oaks jumped out to a huge 70-11 halftime lead, setting a school record for most points in a half. ESF piled on another 34 points in the second half to finish with a 104-32 win over the Steels. The 72-point victory was the most lopsided win in program history.
Senior Ryan Caldwell led ESF with 24 points and four other Mighty Oaks scored in double digits. ESF shot 55 percent for the game, including sinking 12 three-pointers.
The following day, ESF faced the Purple Knights of The King's College. Once again, ESF dominated the first half, scoring 51 points and holding the Purple Knights to only 22 points. ESF went on to win 89-42. Caldwell led ESF with 21 points and 11 rebounds. Junior center Tyler Kuhn and senior Dan Treadwell chipped in 12 points apiece. The King's College was led by Trivette Knowles' 21 points.
With the two wins, ESF opens conference play with a 2-0 record, 8-7 overall. With eight wins so far in the 2016-17 season, ESF has tied its win total from last year. The Mighty Oaks face a tough match on the road Jan. 18 against conference rivals Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210