Gordinier Leads ESF at the Roc City Classic
The junior sprinter finished first in the 100 meter dash
The Mighty Oaks track team traveled to Nazareth College in Rochester, New York, to compete in the annual Roc City Classic. The competition featured 29 colleges from Division I, II and III.
Junior sprinter Shannon Gordinier smoked the competition in the women's 100-meter dash, finishing in first place with a sizzling time of 12.33 out of 60 sprinters. Gordinier's time was a new course record. Sophomore Marissa Lathrop finished in an impressive 16th place (2:24) out of 69 runners in the women's 800-meter run. Lathrop also finished in 27th place (5:09) out of 65 runners in the women's 1,500-meter run.
In the men's races, junior Nick Giordano finished in 40th place out of 69 runners in the competitive men's 400-meter dash. Sophomore Ethan Appelgren finished in 13th place in the day's longest event, the 10,000-meter run, with a time of 37:27.
The Mighty Oaks track team will compete next at the USCAA Championships hosted by SUNY Delhi Apr. 29.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210