ESF Co-Sponsors ‘Drive and Shine’
Electric Vehicle and Solar Expo returns to Syracuse
The Drive and Shine Expo returns to downtown Syracuse Sept. 10 with the College of Environmental Science and Forestry co-sponsoring the event.
The expo features the latest information about plug-in hybrid (PHEV) and electric cars (EVs), and solar power in Central New York. Dozens of experts from the automotive and solar energy field will be available to answer attendees' questions. The event, scheduled from noon to 5 p.m., will be held in the city of Syracuse parking lot at South Clinton and West Washington streets.
Attendees will be able to ask car dealerships representatives about their new models and take one for a test drive, or talk with electric vehicle owners and ride along in their electric vehicle or plug-in hybrid, and learn about the state's new Drive Clean Initiative rebate for plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles, for up to $2,000.
Attendees can also sign up for free quotes to install solar energy units on their home or business, and learn more about state and federal tax credit incentives that help make going solar affordable. They will have an opportunity to learn about community solar, which became available in New York state last year and allows homeowners, renters and businesses to go solar without needing to install panels on their roof.
The expo will also feature food trucks, including Twisted Taco; live music with Joe Driscoll, Colleen Kattau and Dos XX; and city and state elected representatives.
The event is hosted by ESF, Sierra Club, the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board, SolarizeCNY, New Yorkers for Clean Power, Alliance for a Green Economy, GreeningUSA, Climate Change Awareness and Action, Clean Communities of Central New York, and Detail Johnny.
Nonprofit organizations working on climate change and the transition away from fossil fuels will have tables, as will companies that specialize in energy conservation and renewable energy.
Event organizers are recruiting electric vehicle and hybrid owners to join them at the expo. Those interested in participating should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oaks Soccer Teams End Season at USCAA Championships
- Women's Cross Country Team Wins National Championship
- ESF Team Reports Discovery of Unusual Molecule
- ESF Alumna Leads Cannabis Team for Law Firm
- 38 ESF Students to Attend Zero Waste Conference
- ESF Represented at Forestry and Wood Products Summit
- Mighty Oaks Sweep HVIAC Tournament
- ESF Kicks Off International Education Week
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210