Interim President Tours Northern Properties
Meetings with staff and students provide perspective on campuses’ research, potential
Interim President Dave Amberg and a group of faculty, administrators and staff toured ESF's Northern Forest properties last month.
The tour provided Amberg with a perspective on the extent of ESF's northern properties, along with a look at the scholarship, research and property management that takes place on ESF's regional campuses. He met with staff and students at the Newcomb and Wanakena campuses, discussing the potential of each property. Tours of the Thousand Islands Biological Station, Pack Forest in Warrensburg, Lafayette Road and Tully properties will take place in the coming weeks.
Those accompanying Amberg included Josh Arnold, energy manager; Bruce Breitmeyer, forest properties manager, Newcomb; Dr. Michael Bridgen, director of the Ranger School; Erin Craig, associate provost for enrollment and marketing; Dr. Maureen Fellows, vice president for government and external relations; Dr. Melissa Fierke, director of the Cranberry Lake Biological Station; Mike Gooden, forest property technician, Newcomb; Paul Hai, associate director of the Adirondack Ecological Center; Kevin Hayden, associate counsel; Brian Houseal, director of the Adirondack Ecological Center; Stacy McNulty, associate director of the Adirondack Ecological Center; Dr. Chris Nowak, chair of the Department of Forest and Natural Resources Management; Gary Peden, director of Physical Plant and Facilities; and Craig Perrault, maintenance supervisor at the Wanakena Campus.
Recent ESF News
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
- ESF to Hold Online Commencement
- ESF’s American Chestnut Research Featured in New York Times Magazine
- Are Fishers in the North Country on the Decline?
- ESF-SU Solar Decathlon Team Earns Honorable Mention in National Competition
- Mighty Oaks Coaches on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Fight
- City and County Proclaim 4/22 SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Open Homework Hotline for Grades K-12
- Every Day is Earth Day at ESF No Matter Where the Students Are
- Ranger School Students Complete Residential Program and Graduate
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210