Governor Wants SUNY to Cut Spending
All state agencies asked to trim budgets.
The video originally included in this story is no longer available via this page. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if more information is required.Copyright © All Rights Reserved by copyright holder
The president of SUNY ESF says it would set the system back five to ten years. Neil Murphy says his campus stands to lose almost $6 million. Murphy says the school may be forced to enter a smaller class than it was planning for the fall. He says it would have to leave open some teaching positions and administrative spots, and may even force the school to cut some. He says this may all add up to the real possibility that some students may not be able to graduate on time. Murphy says he's in constant contact with Albany trying to get the governor to adjust the spending cuts. Paterson wants a plan to reduce spending from each agency and department in the state by May 16th.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210