ESF Community Campaign Works to Help Local United Way
Special events help campus assist Syracuse community
With more than $25,000 pledged, ESF's Community Campaign for SEFA/United Way is off to a strong start.
The annual campaign benefits the United Way of Central New York which works to improve lives and community conditions by bringing people and resources together to focus on the local issues that matter most. UWCNY identifies community issues and needs, works with community groups and develops special initiatives.
Along with the pledges, last month's A Taste of ESF raised more than $800. Not only was money raised but those attending enjoyed tasty dishes prepared by their colleagues while having lunch with friends and co-workers from across campus.
Supplementing the online and paper pledges to the campaign, the Basket Raffle and Big Prize Raffles are in full swing. Sixteen baskets prepared by offices, departments and individuals from the ESF community are yours for the winning. Tickets are $5 for 20 and can be purchased daily from noon to 1 p.m. in 120 Bray Hall. The basket raffle is open only to staff and faculty.
Also, being raffled are a 43-inch smart TV, an InstaPot and a Cuisinart food processor. Tickets are $5 apiece for each of these items which were donated by Joe Rufo, vice president of administration and chief financial officer. Faculty, staff and students are invited to purchase tickets for the Big Prize raffles.
Online and paper pledging are available until Nov. 30. Raffles are open until Dec. 4 when we'll draw for all the raffles during the End of Campaign Bagel Breakfast in the Gateway Center at 9 a.m.
Recent ESF News
- Matching Gift Supports Extraordinary Aid Fund
- SUNY ESF Receives USDA Grant
- ESF’s Wildlife Society Leads in Virtual Bioblitz
- What’s Causing Islands to Form in Jamesville Reservoir?
- ESF Outlines Plans to Bring Students Back to Campus in the Fall
- ESF Alumna Brings Lessons from the Peace Corps Home
- Small Group of “Super Polluters” Responsible for Majority of Toxic Pollution
- Climate Change Threats
- Family Experiences Guide Career Choice
- Johnston Assumes Reins at Ranger School
- ESF Marine Biologist Jumps into Shark-Infested Comedy Seas
- Chancellor Johnson Appoints Joseph Rufo as ESF Officer in Charge
- Living Walls: University Researchers Develop Green Tech for Treating Wastewater from Microbreweries
- Tracking & Containing COVID-19
- Promoting a Contagion of Gratitude
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210