'Tapped' Documentary on Bottled Water Set for April 7
Film to be shown 7 p.m. in Alumni Lounge
Take a peek behind the scenes of the fastest-growing beverage category in the United States. The documentary "Tapped" will be shown at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 7, in Alumni Lounge (informally known as Nifkin Lounge) in the basement of ESF's Marshall Hall. Admission is free and open to the public.
ESF's Green Campus Initiative (GCI) student group will collecting clean, empty cereal boxes to be used for their recycled notebooks project. GCI will give out one raffle ticket for a chance to win various items in exchange for each cereal box collected. Also, the Syracuse University and ESF chapter of the N.Y. Public Interest Research Group will have an informational table set up at the screening. A limited number of free, reusable water bottles will be given to attendees courtesy of the SU Office of Residence Life.
"Tapped" takes an in-depth look at the unregulated and controversial big business of bottled water. With sales of more than $10 billion and 8.6 billion gallons consumed annually, what are the costs of bottled water to the environment and our wallets? Is access to clean drinking water a basic human right or a commodity that should be bought and sold? The film explores these issues and others such as plastic production, the Pacific Garbage Patch and recycling.
"Tapped" is from the producers of "Who Killed the Electric Car?" and "I.O.U.S.A.," and directed by Stephanie Soechtig, a former producer of documentaries for 20/20 and Primetime Live.
ESF's GCI and SU's Office of Residence Life are jointly sponsoring this "Tapped" screening.
Recent ESF News
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along Californiaís Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESFís Bachelorís in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellorís Awards
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching Award
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Exemplary Researcher Award
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210