3-23-20 Message from the Interim President: Info to relieve for employees
Dear ESF Faculty and Staff,
I have communicated with students today, reminding them that communication will be one of the keys to making it through this challenging time. I share that with you too. For those working remotely, clear communication will be key to our success. Please make sure you understand the expectations. Students have also been notified that all ESF buildings will be locked, we are limiting student access to all buildings as of today, other than for TAs, and we have shared with students the criteria established for when people are required to stay away from campus. For your reference, that information can be found in the March 19 President's Message.
As a reminder, please adhere to the following process if you believe you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough or shortness of breath):
Immediately access the Upstate Medical University COVID-19 Update Center where you can use the Upstate Coronavirus Assessment Tool to determine your next steps, linked here: https://www.upstate.edu/emergencymgt/trending/coronavirus.php
Contact the COVID-19 Triage Number at 315-464-3979 and/or your primary care doctor for advisement. The triage number is staffed 24/7. Additional information can also be found at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Do not go in person to the Emergency Room under any circumstances, if you think you have COVID-19.
You should also notify your supervisor that you are sick. Please be advised you are not required to disclose your health condition or provide medical documentation directly to your supervisor. Please inform the Human Resources Office of your medical condition by calling 315-470-6611. The college reserves the right to request medical documentation. If you test positive for COVID-19 and you are required to be quarantined or self-quarantine by the Department of Health, you will be provided with 14 calendar days of leave without charge to accruals.
Additionally, FAQs listed here are intended to guide SUNY ESF employees in addressing work-related concerns surrounding novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
Please note that you can always contact the Office of Human Resources at 315-470-6611 or email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
The following information can be found on ESF's website for employees and supervisors and provides information relative to essential/non-essential status and working remotely.
In response to the public health emergency for the COVID-19 virus, all non-essential New York State employees (including temporary employees) are to work from home starting 3/17/2020 for the next two weeks. All employees are required to review and complete a Non-Essential Personnel Work Plan (Word doc). Employees should review their plan with their supervisor for approval, and submit directly to HR.
Non-essential Personnel should provide their supervisor with a weekly status report (Word doc). Supervisors are required to maintain these records for each direct-report.
The FAQs listed here are intended to guide SUNY ESF employees in addressing work-related concerns surrounding novel coronavirus, COVID-10.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 315-470-6611.
Resources to Help with Stress
This is a stressful time. The recent announcement confirming the cases of coronavirus in New York has, understandably, led to a growing concern among all New Yorkers. All of us may experience increased stress during this time. Please review the resources below that can help you cope with the emotional impact of the coronavirus.
Resources that can give you accurate, reliable and up-to date general information:
- New York State Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- World Health Organization
Resources on coping with the emotional impact of the coronavirus:
- Coping with Stress during Infectious Disease Outbreak (PDF)
- Talking with Your Children
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health (PDF)
- COVID -19 isolation: https://www.futureswithoutviolence.org/get-updates-information-covid-19/
Thank you for your continued efforts, your patience and persistence.
Recent ESF News
- Joanne Mahoney to Co-chair IWBI COVID-19 Task Force
- Donít Look to Mature Forests to Soak Up Carbon Dioxide Emissions
- Four Students are Finalists in Planet Forward Storyfest Competition
- Casey Duffy Named Rising Professional by SUNYCDO
- Jordan Jessamy Honored with SUNY Chancellorís Award for Student Excellence
- USA Working to Keep Students Socially Connected
- ESF Postpones Spring 2020 Commencement
- ESF Operational Staff Key to Making a Sustainable Difference
- Chat Live on Instagram
- Dr. Karin E. Limburg Named SUNY Distinguished Professor
- Calling all New York State Bird Lovers: Your Help is Needed
- ESF Roosevelt Wild Life Collection Receives Donation from Larry and Janet Clingerman
- Ranger School Hockey Club Scores Goal Building Camaraderie
- Jordan Jessamy Earns Chancellor's Award for Student Excellence
- LA Students, Faculty Honored by ASLA
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210