Tondelaya George Named Director of ESF Open Academy
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is pleased to announce Tondelaya George has been named director of ESF Open Academy effective Sept. 1, 2020.
ESF's Open Academy helps to prepare faculty with online resources to teach in an online world. It is also responsible for facilitating ESF's summer session courses and manages the College's continuing education programs. The Open Academy hosts numerous professional conferences, including the NYS Green Building Conference, the premier green building conference in the northeast.
George comes to ESF from Duke University School of Nursing's Office of Admissions & Student Services where she was the manager of student services. She brings to ESF an extensive background in academic affairs, communications and interdisciplinary studies.
"Tondelaya's experience will help move Open Academy in innovative directions and help the organization develop strong collaborations and relationships with new partners," said Dr. David Newman, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs. "Her background is broad and deep, with experience and education in areas that support both virtual and experiential learning."
As director, George will provide leadership ensuring the success and achievement of online programs, special sessions, professional, and K-12 outreach programming. She also will have oversight of a range of activities that support student learning outcomes, program quality, and provides access to diverse learning communities.
George earned her doctorate of management from the University of Maryland Global Campus; and an MS and BS in communications from Clarion University in Clarion Pennsylvania.
Recent ESF News
- SUNY ESF Trails Link Adirondack Towns and Resources
- ESF Named a 2020 Economic Champion
- Grad Student's Photo Included in Global Exhibit
- Dr. Mark Teece Wins Teaching Award
- Global Database Is Resource for Ecological Monitoring in the Arctic
- SUNY Chancellor Malatras Visits ESF
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2020 Sustainable Campus Index
- ESF Honors Veterans with Ceremony Nov. 11
- ESF Professor Serves as Director for Multi-state Cooperative
- Chancellor Malatras Outlines Comprehensive Spring Semester Plan
- Dr. Jerrold Belant Named IUCN Voting Member
- Joanie Mahoney Named Fifth ESF President
- NSF Grant Funds Research to Help Better Manage Water Resources
- Dr. Brian Leydet Named 40 Under Forty Honoree
- Documenting Decades of Insights: Galapagos Giant Tortoises Soon to be Published
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210