Campus Update: Plans for returning to campus for fall 2020 semester - Self-Quarantine requirements
Following up on one of the questions from the recent Graduate Student Town Hall Meeting, I'd like to communicate as clearly as possible everyone's need to comply with NY State's recently developed requirement to self-quarantine when returning to campus from specific COVID-19 impacted out-of-state locations. The specific NY Health Department - COVID-19 Travel Advisory can be found here: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/covid-19-travel-advisory
- Students from impacted states must comply with the state travel advisory before ESF or Syracuse University can grant any campus privileges or campus access.
- Impacted students should arrive in New York state at least 14 days prior to the start of classes. Some students may need to arrive earlier, if special circumstances require you to access campus prior to Aug. 24.
- Syracuse University is engaging local neighborhood landlords to request their support to amend leases and rental agreements to accommodate impacted students. Students may also choose to self-quarantine at another location in New York state. These students must also provide ESF with evidence of compliance prior to gaining access to campus (the week of Aug. 24).
- For students from impacted states, please note: if you choose to complete your quarantine in a non-travel advisory state, be advised you may be required to provide evidence to New York State that you did in fact complete the required quarantine. Shortly, we will share additional information related to resources that may be available to support all students impacted by the quarantine requirement, to include instances of financial hardship.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding,
S. Scott Shannon
Associate Provost for Instruction & Dean of the Graduate School
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
227 Bray Hall - 1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, New York 13210
Recent ESF News
- ESF Ranked No. 4 Green College by Princeton Review
- Celebrate National Forest Products Week
- Writing On Behalf of the Environment
- Reading the Scales
- ESF Student Leads Hometown to Climate Smart Community Certification
- ESF Students Dig into Community Service
- The Geography of Publishing in the Anthropocene
- Brew-gooders Raise More Than a Glass for Wildlife
- Sierra Club Puts ESF Among Nationís Top Cool Schools
- City Fit: NSF Grant Explores Evolution in Urban Areas
- Chittenango Ovate Amber Snails Released at Chittenango Falls State Park
- Landscape Architecture Students Activate ESF Quad
- ESF Lauded in College Rankings
- Wolf Pups Born in Isle Royale National Park
- Three New Book Projects for Distinguished Professor
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210