Choose Action Network Plans Events to Honor Survivors of Sexual Assault
ESF's Choose Action Network is sponsoring several events throughout April to honor survivors of sexual assault. Individuals can participate in the #30DaysofAction through the National Sexual Violence Resource Center on Instagram. Individuals who choose to participate may be entered to win Etsy gift cards. For more information, click here.
Virtual Clothesline Project: Would you like to submit artwork or words to be included in a virtual Clothesline Project display? Use this link to submit content. Material collected will be featured throughout the month via the Choose Action Network's Facebook and Instagram pages.
Rock Painting (pending approval) April 15, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.: All our welcome to meet members of the Choose Action Network to paint rocks in support of survivors with messages of hope and healing. Rocks, paint and brushes will be provided. Masks are required as well social distancing rules will be enforced.
Building a Better Fieldwork Future Workshop - Preventing and Managing Sexual Harassment and Assault, April 15, 7 to 8:30 p.m. EST.
Dr. Amanda Adams will introduce "the unique risks posed by fieldwork…. [and] practical intervention scenarios, [to guide] participants on how to be an active and engaged bystander, report incidents, and plan field settings to minimize risk. Armed with these tools, participants can play a role in ensuring that field settings are safer, more equitable, and more welcoming for the next generation of field scientists." Space is limited, please sign up at bit.ly/WiSEProfessions by copying and pasting the link into your browser.
Denim Day, April 28: Denim Day began after a judge in Italy overturned a rape conviction blaming the survivor for the rape because "she wore tight jeans." Show your support of survivors and dismantling the belief that clothing is a cause for sexual violence by wearing denim. Take a picture of yourself and display on social media using the #ESFdenimday and #denimday2021.
Look for more events throughout April. Be sure to follow the Choose Action Network on Instagram and Facebook. For questions or more information on the events, contact Jennifer Keating at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent ESF News
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNY’s 2021 Mascot Madness
- ESF Hosts Mini Maple Weekend at Heiberg Forest
- SUNY Announces Grand Opening of Vector Biocontainment Lab at Upstate Medical to Research Infectious Diseases
- Tap Into Maple Syrup at Heiberg Forest
- March Mammal Madness Takes to Twitter
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210