ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
After being named ESF president in November, Joanie Mahoney chose not to move into the 2 Bradford Heights Road residence which has been unoccupied since 2018. Mahoney asked College leadership to explore selling the house for the betterment of the institution.
"It's expensive to maintain a house that's not being lived in," noted Mahoney, "and our resources are better spent on initiatives that directly benefit our students. The house has been a lovely home for ESF presidents and part of the College's history, but now it's time for someone new to write their story in the neighborhood."
Revenue from the sale will come back to the College, according to Kelly Berger, ESF associate counsel.
Complete details, including photos, legal and reference documents, and auction requirements, can be found online at ogs.ny.gov/nysstore on the real estate auctions page. The auctions will take place in the New York State Fairgrounds Art and Home Center at 581 State Fair Boulevard in Syracuse, with registration beginning at 10 a.m. June 15.
Recent ESF News
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along Californiaís Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESFís Bachelorís in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellorís Awards
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching Award
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Exemplary Researcher Award
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210