ESF Students Receive Travel Scholarships
LA students to study in Spain and New Zealand
SYRACUSE - Two students from the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) were awarded scholarships by Sigma Lambda Alpha (SLA) Honor Society of Landscape Architecture.
Katy Johnson and Jeffrey Tunkey, students in ESF's landscape architecture program, were each awarded $500 travel scholarships to support travel related to their studies.
During their fifth-year, landscape architecture students spend a semester abroad conducting independent research. Johnson, a fifth-year senior from Munnsville, will study in Auckland, New Zealand. Tunkey, also a fifth-year senior from East Aurora, will spend his semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain.
"Each year SLA awards a maximum of six travel grants, so for ESF students to receive two of them is quite a feather in ESF's cap," said Richard Hawks, chair of the Department of Landscape Architecture.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Continues to Lead in World of Green Colleges
- ESF’s Barron Wins 2018 USCAA Golf National Championship
- ESF Celebrates Debut of Digital Storytelling Studio
- Volk to Present Travis Lecture on Shrub Willow
- The ESF Center for Community Design Research Receives Federal Research Grant
- National Geographic Live and ESF Host National Geographic Explorer/Photographer Anand Varma
- Waste not, want not
- Landscape Architecture Students Celebrate PARK(ing) Day
- Scientists Turn to UN to Sound Alarm about World’s Oceans
- Mighty Oaks Welcome New Men's Basketball Coach
- Community Stewards to Receive ESF’s Feinstone Award
- ESF Launches ‘Discovery Challenge’
- Love it, don’t list it
- ESF Ranks among ‘Best Value’ Schools
- ESF’s Miniature Northern Hardwood Forest Gets a Lift
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210