ESF Introduces Campus Sustainability Walking Tour 5/12/2022SHARE:
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF), the most distinguished institution in the nation that focuses on the study of the environment, is pleased to announce its new Campus Sustainability Walking Tour.
"The ESF campus tour showcases what ESF is doing to create a sustainable environment and it also demonstrates for other institutions how they can incorporate sustainable practices into their own facilities," said ESF President Joanie Mahoney.
The virtual tour, created by the College's Sustainability Division, highlights the sustainable building features and operations found on the Syracuse campus. Users can learn about the campus buildings, histories, and traditions through the main tour, and explore the buildings for a comprehensive look into how they contribute to ESF's prominence in sustainability.
Initially developed to enhance student learning about sustainability outside of the classroom and support ESF's Sustainability Tracking, Assessment, and Rating System (STARS) reporting, it is now also used for admissions, enrollment, and campus engagement.
About SUNY ESF
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is dedicated to the study of the environment, developing renewable technologies, and building a sustainable and resilient future through design, policy, and management of the environment and natural resources. Members of the College community share a passion for protecting the health of the planet and a deep commitment to the rigorous application of science to improve the way humans interact with the world. The College offers academic programs ranging from the associate of applied science to the Doctor of Philosophy. ESF students live, study and do research on the main campus in Syracuse, N.Y., and on 25,000 acres of field stations in a variety of ecosystems across the state.
Recent ESF News
- Mighty Oak Monday – Megan Cammett and Joe Perez
- Alumni Spotlight: Stacy McNulty, '97 & Michale Glennon, '02
- Mighty Oak Monday: Manoon Pilosungnoen
- Alumni Spotlight: Jacob Darius, ’22
- Staff Spotlight: Jill Rahn
- Mighty Oak Monday: Anindita Paul
- SUNY ESF Summer Science Week at the MOST
- Alumni Spotlight: Hannah Pilkey, ’17 & ’21
- Mighty Oak Monday: Julia Niehoff
- SUNY ESF Congratulates Dean’s and President’s Lists for Spring 2022
- Alumni Spotlight: Wayne Schacher, ’71
- ESF Acquires Three Buses, Saving the College Substantially and Providing Much-Needed Transportation
- Mighty Oak Monday: Tatianna Moragne
- ESF's Corpse Flower Blooms
- Alumni Spotlight: Karina Lang, '22
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210