LA Students, Faculty Honored by ASLA 3/5/2020SHARE:
Students and faculty in ESF's Department of Landscape Architecture received honors from the American Society of Landscape Architecture (ASLA) during the annual New York Upstate Chapter meeting in February.
Jocelyn Gavitt, visiting instructor, was recognized as a Distinguished Academic Practitioner. This award recognizes an outstanding individual practitioner for their achievements in three areas - design, leadership, and ASLA chapter involvement.
Hannah Noll, a fifth-year senior from Millrift, Pennsylvania, was recognized as a Distinguished Student. The award recognizes students who have demonstrated exceptional leadership and service within the Department of Landscape Architecture or in other activities in the community related to the profession.
Max Eckhardt, a fifth-year senior from Forest Hills, New York, took first place in the student poster contest for his entry "High Hickory Food Forest." Eckhardt's poster, along with graduate student Connor Neville's poster, is on display in Marshall Hall's third-floor lobby.
Recent ESF News
- Promoting a contagion of gratitude
- Dr. Shijie Liu Named Exemplary Researcher at ESF
- ESF Wins Award to Focus on Source Reduction
- ESF Faculty, Staff Honored with SUNY Chancellor's Awards
- ESF Celebrates Graduates Virtually
- ESF to Hold Online Commencement
- ESF’s American Chestnut Research Featured in New York Times Magazine
- Are Fishers in the North Country on the Decline?
- ESF-SU Solar Decathlon Team Earns Honorable Mention in National Competition
- Mighty Oaks Coaches on the Frontlines of the COVID-19 Fight
- City and County Proclaim 4/22 SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Open Homework Hotline for Grades K-12
- Every Day is Earth Day at ESF No Matter Where the Students Are
- Ranger School Students Complete Residential Program and Graduate
- Deep Dive for Big Results
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210