ESF welcomes Katherine McCarthy to Leadership Team 7/23/2020SHARE:
The SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry (ESF) is pleased to welcome Katherine McCarthy as the associate provost of enrollment management, effective Aug. 10, 2020.
In this role, McCarthy will develop and oversee programs, policies, and initiatives leading to continued growth in enrollment; expanded geographic, cultural, and economic diversity; sustained selectivity; and support the College's highly successful retention efforts. McCarthy will lead the College's admissions and financial aid teams and work collaboratively across the College to sustain ESF's national prominence and recognition among the premier environmentally focused institutions in the country.
"We are thrilled to welcome Kitty to ESF," said Dr. David Newman, interim provost and vice president for academic affairs. "Her experience and approach to this critical role are ideal for our community. She brings the knowledge, leadership and perspective to advance and reimagine our operation in ways that will help us bring new generations of students to ESF - students with the passion to become the stewards of our planet."
McCarthy comes to ESF from Radford University in Virginia, where she served as the vice president for enrollment management and the interim associate vice president for transfer partnerships and recruitment. Recognized for her role in shaping strategic recruitment initiatives and communications, McCarthy developed and oversaw enhancements to outreach and processes that consistently brought more students of promise and purpose to campus.
"I look forward to joining the ESF team," said McCarthy. "I've been impressed with the commitment to the College's mission that I've seen in everyone - students, faculty and staff - and I am eager to join the effort. ESF fulfills a vital role in society, preparing students to take a leadership role in sustaining the environment. I am excited to become part of the process."
McCarthy has an MBA from Syracuse University, a bachelor's degree from Alfred University, and an associate's degree from Monroe Community College.
Recent ESF News
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along Californiaís Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESFís Bachelorís in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellorís Awards
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Foundation Award for Exceptional Achievement in Teaching Award
- Dr. Chris Whipps Honored with Exemplary Researcher Award
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210