Celebrate National Forest Products Week 10/21/2020SHARE:
Did you know forest products have their own week? And it's this week! National Forest Products Week is celebrated the third week in October every year. It's a time to recognize the many products that come from our forests, the people who work in and manage our forest, the businesses that make the products and how these components contribute to our lives.
Forest products - wood, lumber, paper, furniture, packaging, tissue, and more - are items we depend upon and use every day. The industry and forest resources are important to the economy, especially in rural regions, of New York state.
At ESF, we teach and conduct research and service for and in support of the growth and advancement of worthwhile and long-lasting forest products! Fun fact: for every pound or ton of wood utilized in long-lived products like homes, furniture, flooring, railroad ties, utility poles, and more, half is carbon quite effectively sequestered.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Named a 2020 Economic Champion
- Grad Student's Photo Included in Global Exhibit
- Dr. Mark Teece Wins Teaching Award
- Global Database Is Resource for Ecological Monitoring in the Arctic
- SUNY Chancellor Malatras Visits ESF
- ESF Named Top Performer in 2020 Sustainable Campus Index
- ESF Honors Veterans with Ceremony Nov. 11
- ESF Professor Serves as Director for Multi-state Cooperative
- Chancellor Malatras Outlines Comprehensive Spring Semester Plan
- Dr. Jerrold Belant Named IUCN Voting Member
- Joanie Mahoney Named Fifth ESF President
- NSF Grant Funds Research to Help Better Manage Water Resources
- Dr. Brian Leydet Named 40 Under Forty Honoree
- Documenting Decades of Insights: Galapagos Giant Tortoises Soon to be Published
- Survey Examines Recreational User Experience and Perspectives in Adirondacks
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210