ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness 2/12/2021SHARE:
The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (OIDE), NAMI Syracuse and Partners to Launch ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness to Promote Mental Health Awareness During COVID Pandemic
ESF community members are invited to participate in the campaign launch of the "ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness."
In 2018, under the direction of Chief Diversity Officer Dr. Malika Carter, various ESF departments and NAMI Syracuse launched CEO's Against Stigma, a campaign that addressed stigma in work and learning spaces. That effort informed community-based climate surveys, post-pandemic business analyses and engagement with community and leaders internal and external to ESF. After a successful pilot that confirmed paths forward, the CEOs Against Stigma pilot initiative has transformed to ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness.
The campaign's launch will include a short program (synchronous - in real-time) and pledge signing (asynchronous - not in real-time) by President Joanie Mahoney.
Register here and join us to commemorate ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness on Monday, Feb. 15, which will air on ESF and OIDE Social Media platforms, including Facebook Live, Instagram, we will also showcase OIDE's new Gather Town platform from 4 - 4:30 p.m. ET.
Visit these same platforms for synchronous and asynchronous discussions that will continue throughout the semester that are designed to encourage students, staff and faculty to discuss the stigma of mental illness in relation to diversity, equity, and inclusion. To see the full schedule of ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness campaign events, visit the OIDE Linktree: https://linktr.ee/esfdiversity
Lead supporters: The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equity (OIDE); Marla Byrnes, NAMI Syracuse, Ellen Brown and Amy McLaughlin, Human Resources; Nan Clark, Employee Assistance Program; Ruth Larson and Maggie McCurdy, Counseling Services; Interim Chief Robert Dugan, University Police; Jennifer Keating, Choose Action Network Project Coordinator, Dr. Anne Lombard and Mary Triano, Division of Student Affairs; Stephanie Specchio, Communications and Marketing; Joanie Mahoney, ESF President.
If you have any questions, contact Dr. Malika Carter, Chief Diversity Officer, ESF Office of Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity (email@example.com).
Recent ESF News
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
- ESF Celebrates Black History Month
- Winter Sports Suspended at SUNY ESF
- Do People’s Perceptions Shape Trust of Gene Editing in Agriculture and Food?
- ESF to Host Virtual Career and Internship Fair
- ESF Hosts Semester-Opening Virtual Family Sessions
- Professionals in Sustainability Webinar Series at ESF
- ESF Welcomes New Counsel
- ESF Researchers to Perform Critical Water Quality Investigations on Cayuga Lake
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210