Vote for Oakie in SUNY’s 2021 Mascot Madness 3/16/2021SHARE:
It's not March without a little SUNY Mascot Madness and ESF's Oakie Acorn is once again ready to show New York state what mascot ranks supreme.
SUNY's Mascot Madness is the annual competition that brings SUNY mascots together in a competition to find out who the fans feel is the best in all of New York. Oakie the Acorn, the mascot of ESF's Mighty Oaks athletic teams, is one of 33 SUNY mascots competing in the contest that begins today.
ESF's Oakie is up against SUNY Oneonta's Red the Dragon in the first round of the competition.
Round 1 voting takes place until 3 p.m. March 19. Votes can be cast https://www.suny.edu/mascotmadness. The competition includes five rounds of voting and runs through April 7. Fans can vote for Oakie once every 12 hours.
The winning college will take home the traveling Mascot Madness trophy from SUNY.
Oakie has the distinction of being a Mascot Madness champion having defeated SUNY Geneseo's Victor E. Knight in 2017. Oakie lost in a 201-rematch to Geneseo's knight by a razor-thin margin.
Seed rankings are based on the number of teams that represent a particular campus, with enrollment data used to break any ties. Oakie currently represents 10 men's and women's teams in ESF's athletics program.
The intercollegiate athletics program at ESF traces its roots back to 1912, the second year of the college's existence when students organized a Forestry Club on campus that has sponsored an intercollegiate timber sports team every year since.
Today, students can compete in soccer, golf, cross country, timber sports (Woodsmen's Team), basketball, track and bass fishing. The Mighty Oaks are members of the United States Collegiate Athletic Association and Hudson Valley Intercollegiate Athletic Conference.
Follow Oakie on Instagram at oakie_acorn, on Twitter @ESFOakie and Facebook at ESFOakieAcorn.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
- Vote for Oakie in SUNY’s 2021 Mascot Madness
- ESF Hosts Mini Maple Weekend at Heiberg Forest
- SUNY Announces Grand Opening of Vector Biocontainment Lab at Upstate Medical to Research Infectious Diseases
- Tap Into Maple Syrup at Heiberg Forest
- March Mammal Madness Takes to Twitter
- ESF Student Honored with Award for Student Excellence
- Vending Machines Part of the Plastic-Free Solution
- ESF Hires Project Director for NYS Center for Sustainable Materials Management
- Class Crosses Continents to Prepare Consultants
- ESF Against the Stigma of Mental Illness Promotes Mental Health Awareness
- ESF Helps Give Westcott Reservoir Expanded Purpose
- Department Name Change Acknowledges 21st Century Environmental Needs
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210