Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments 5/2/2021SHARE:
Open Academy's non-credit Solar Energy Basics course on the Coursera platform recently hit a milestone of 50,000-plus enrollments since it launched back in 2019. It puts that course in the top 10 enrollments of SUNY courses on the Coursera platform, out of approximately 60 courses.
The course was developed by Dr. Neal Abrams, Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry with instructional design and technical support from the Open Academy.
The course has a global reach, and has been subtitled into eight languages in addition to English. It's one of three courses on solar energy for Coursera developed by Abrams to provide learners with a foundation for designing photovoltaic systems. The second course, Solar Energy System Design, launched in the summer of 2020 and a third will launch this summer. Abrams has also been using these courses as part of a credit-bearing course this semester as part of the online Sustainability Management program, SUS 496- Solar Power: PV Design & Installation.
Recent ESF News
- ESF Celebrates the Class of 2021
- ESF To Award First Online Sustainability Management Degree Saturday
- ESF Researchers Receive Grants from Northeastern States Research Cooperative
- ESF Announces Graduation Weekend Schedule
- Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments
- Dr. Kimmerer Elected Member of American Academy of Arts & Sciences
- ESF Launches Master of Engineering Degree
- Paper Engineering Students Give Office Paper Second Life
- Mighty Oaks Track Team Returns to the Track
- The New York State Center for Sustainable Materials Management Launches Recycling Website on Earth Day
- City and County Mark April 22 as SUNY ESF Day
- ESF Students Honored With Chancellorís Award for Student Excellence
- ESF Announces Plans for Fall 2021 Semester
- Dr. Rundell Named Editor-in-Chief of International Scientific Journal for Molluscs
- ESF Receives SUNY Grant for Food Pantry Refrigeration
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210