Solar Energy Basics Hits 50,000-plus Enrollments 5/2/2021SHARE:
Open Academy's non-credit Solar Energy Basics course on the Coursera platform recently hit a milestone of 50,000-plus enrollments since it launched back in 2019. It puts that course in the top 10 enrollments of SUNY courses on the Coursera platform, out of approximately 60 courses.
The course was developed by Dr. Neal Abrams, Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry with instructional design and technical support from the Open Academy.
The course has a global reach, and has been subtitled into eight languages in addition to English. It's one of three courses on solar energy for Coursera developed by Abrams to provide learners with a foundation for designing photovoltaic systems. The second course, Solar Energy System Design, launched in the summer of 2020 and a third will launch this summer. Abrams has also been using these courses as part of a credit-bearing course this semester as part of the online Sustainability Management program, SUS 496- Solar Power: PV Design & Installation.
Recent ESF News
- Experts from ESF, SUNY Upstate Join Rep. Katko to Highlight Efforts to Combat Tick-borne Illness
- Malmsheimer Honored with Matt McArdle Excellence in Bioenergy Award
- Popular @SyracuseHistory Instagram Page Features Marshall Hall
- Great Lakes Piping Plovers Boosted by ESF Research
- Music from Their Ears
- Dr. Malika Carter Honored with Harriet Tubman Freedom Award
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Nominates, NYS Senate Confirms, ESF’s Newest Trustee, Oluwole “OJ” McFoy
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along California’s Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESF’s Bachelor’s in Forestry Ranked No. 1
- ESF to Auction Presidential Residence
- ESF Researchers Receive GLRC Grant
- Tremont, Fedrizzi Receive Annual Feinstone Award
- ESF Faculty, Staff Receive Chancellor’s Awards
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210