Malmsheimer Honored with Matt McArdle Excellence in Bioenergy Award 7/19/2021SHARE:
Dr. Robert Malmsheimer was presented with the 2020 Matt McArdle Excellence in Bioenergy Award during the recent Virtual ESFPA Board Meeting. Bioenergy Board Member Charlie Niebling presented the award to Dr. Malmsheimer.
Malmsheimer is a professor of forest policy and law and has been a faculty member since 1999. He received his Ph.D. and bachelor's degree from ESF, and his Juris Doctorate from Albany Law School.
Malmsheimer is recognized internationally for his expertise in biomass carbon accounting in forestry and energy, and its relevance to natural resource management. He has become the "go-to" expert on objective analysis of science in this contentious area of forest policy. He was also named to the Agriculture and Forestry Working Group of the New York Climate Action Council.
Malmsheimer has briefed more than 60 U.S. House of Representatives' and U.S. Senators' staffs on Forest Service litigation, forest management, and climate change, forest carbon accounting, and numerous other issues. He has also briefed U.S. administration leaders and offices, such as the Chief of the Forest Service, Undersecretary of Agriculture for National Resources, Environmental Protection Agency, the White House's Council of Environmental Quality, and the Department of Agriculture's Chief Economist Office on various forest policy issues. His expertise has also been utilized by leaders abroad.
With its Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, New York state has set in motion the adoption of aggressive measures to address climate change. Malmsheimer's role will assume national prominence.
Recent ESF News
- Trailhead Café Steps Up Sustainability Effort
- ESF in Top 5 of Sierra Magazine Cool Schools List
- ESF Chestnut Project Seeks Public Comment
- Dr. John Stella Named Vice President of Research
- Experts from ESF, SUNY Upstate Join Rep. Katko to Highlight Efforts to Combat Tick-borne Illness
- Malmsheimer Honored with Matt McArdle Excellence in Bioenergy Award
- Popular @SyracuseHistory Instagram Page Features Marshall Hall
- Great Lakes Piping Plovers Boosted by ESF Research
- Music from Their Ears
- Dr. Malika Carter Honored with Harriet Tubman Freedom Award
- Governor Andrew M. Cuomo Nominates, NYS Senate Confirms, ESF’s Newest Trustee, Oluwole “OJ” McFoy
- Biodiversity 'Hotspots' Imperiled along California’s Streams
- ESF President Mahoney Speaks at International Conference
- ESF Creates New Electric Vehicle Charging Hub in Syracuse
- ESF’s Bachelor’s in Forestry Ranked No. 1
Communications & Marketing
122 Bray Hall
1 Forestry Drive
Syracuse, NY 13210