Dr. Christopher Nomura
2011 Exemplary Researcher Award Recipient
We are very pleased to announce that at the May 4th, 2011 Faculty Meeting, Dr. Christopher Nomura, Assistant Professor in the Department of Chemistry, was named the College’s Exemplary Researcher for 2011-12. This College-level award recognizes a successful, currently active researcher with exemplary research activity, publication record and graduate/undergraduate student mentorship program. The nomination process this year allowed for nominations from different categories: Outstanding Career Achievement, Mid-Career Achievement and Early Career Achievement – for which Dr. Nomura was nominated.
- Joined ESF in April 2006.
- Received his Ph.D at Pennsylvania State University, with a post-doc at Riken Institute, Japan.
- Has secured $3.8M in grant funding from the National Science Foundation, Tokyo University of Science, Department of Energy, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority, USDA-McIntire Stennis and many others.
- Has given 17 invited presentations in the past five years throughout the United States, China, and Japan.
- Has guided seven graduate students and a current post-doc.
- Specializes in the field(s) of microbiology, biotechnology and molecular biology with special interest in using molecular techniques to improve the supply of precursors for biobased products.
- Has published 21 papers, many of which are highly cited, e.g., in J. Bacteriology, J. Bioscience & Bioengineering, Microbiology, Applied Microbiology & Biotechnology.
- Has submitted three notices of technology disclosure for patent applications.
This award, which is made annually, provides a $5,000 research account that can roll over for three years. Dr. Nomura will present a campus-wide research seminar highlighting his work as the first seminar in the Adaptive Peaks Series during the 2011-12 academic year. At that time, he will be presented with a plaque recognizing this achievement, as well as a reception in his honor.
Congratulations to Dr. Christopher T. Nomura on this well-deserved honor!
Exemplary Archive Links
2021 Exemplary Researcher
- Dr. Christopher Whipps - 2021
- Dr. Shijie Liu - 2020
- Dr. Jacqueline Frair - 2019
- Dr. Timothy Volk - 2018
- Dr. John Farrell - 2017
- Dr. Stephen Stehman - 2016
- Dr. Georgios Mountrakis - 2015
- Dr. Charles Maynard & Dr. William Powell - 2014
- Dr. Thomas Amidon - 2013
- Dr. Kimberly Schulz - 2012
- Dr. Christopher Nomura 2011
- Dr. Karin E. Limburg 2010
- Dr. Gregory L. Boyer 2009
- Dr. James Gibbs 2008
- Dr. David J. Kieber 2007
- Dr. Myron J. Mitchell 2006