Handshake is ESF's online platform that connects students and alumni to internships, jobs, and additional opportunities. Students can also view which employers/organizations/institutions are attending Career + Internship Fairs and Graduate/Professional School Fairs at ESF, upcoming career events, and access various career resources.
- Search job and internship postings, employer information sessions, and employer descriptions. The system is LIVE, and you will never find expired postings in the system.
- Schedule career advising appointments.
- Explore Career and Internship Fairs and additional professional development events.
- Connect with thousands of employers that have environmentally focused opportunities, including Fortuen 500 companies, start-ups, and alumni.
Tips for Using Handshake
- Use Filters under the Jobs tab to find positions that match your specific parameters. This will help you narrow down your search results and find the opportunities most relevant to your interests.
- Keep your search simple. The more fields you enter data into, the fewer results you will yield.
- Found the perfect search parameters? Create a 'Saved Search' to set the system up to automatically email you about jobs or internships in your desired industry and/or location.
- 'Follow' employers of interest to stay updated if they are attending a fair at ESF or posting an internship/job in the system.
- Directly message hiring managers at companies or jobs of interest; you can also connect with students who also have interned or worked at an employer you'd like to learn more about.
Login to Handshake
To login to Handshake, follow these simple instructions to access your account:
- Visit the login page
- ESF alumni can request a Handshake account at the above link
- Use your esf.edu email and password to log in
- In as little as five minutes compete your profile and access the entire platform
If you have any questions or are having trouble signing into your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help resolve your issue(s) as quickly as possible.