- John Wasiel Environmental Health & Safety Officer
- Emergency Guide
This emergency guide is intended for use by staff and students at S.U.N.Y. E.S.F. It is designed specifically to meet possible emergency conditions on this campus.
Laboratory / Chemicals
- Laboratory Safety Guide and Chemical Hygiene Plan
The objective of this manual is to protect laboratory workers from exposure to hazardous chemicals and situations that may endanger their health and safety. A conscious effort by all laboratory personnel to follow these guidelines is essential to achieve a safe work environment.
- Material Safety Data Sheets
A comprehensive list of Internet Material Safety Data Sheet databases.
- Hazard Assessment Signage Program Instructions
Program to create signs for laboratory entrances indicating hazards within and emergency contact information.
- Chemical Labels
Program to produce detailed chemical container labels, provided by Cornell University.
- Additional Safety Information
Vermont Safety Information Resources, Inc.
- Chemical Waste Management (PDF)
Instructions for properly identifying and managing chemical and hazardous waste. Submit lab waste pick-up requests or related questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recycling / Waste
- ESF Battery Recycling Guidelines
In a continuing effort to promote environmentally responsible recycling practices, ESF recycles batteries generated in offices, labs, and shops on campus.
- Waste Light Bulb Recycling Guidelines
Guidelines for the collection and recycling of all fluorescent, mercury vapor, metal halide and high-pressure sodium light bulbs used on campus.
- Animal Waste Disposal Procedure (PDF)