Office of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Access
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Plan
ESF is committed to promoting educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions) sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, covered veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law in admission, treatment, employment or in its programs, services and activities.
ESF recognizes that in some areas of employment and education there is underutilization of women and underrepresented minorities based on the pool of available applicants. The ESF affirmative action program encourages aggressive recruitment and selection practices to insure equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. To that end, ESF will utilize strategies and goals to attract and advance talent that is representative of the local, regional and national demographics. We will make every effort to increase the presence of qualified women and underrepresented minorities at all levels of the organization among students, faculty and staff.
The information and resources provided on this website are intended to familiarize members of the ESF community with the college's obligations and efforts to promote a diverse and inclusive work and academic environment.
- Affirmative Action Program for Minorities & Women - Executive Order 11246 of 1965 (as amended) — requires affirmative action programs for women and minorities and prohibits job discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
- Affirmative Action Program for Individuals with Disabilities - Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 — requires affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities and prohibits discrimination based on disability in federally assisted programs.
- Affirmative Action Program for Protected Veterans - Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 — requires affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified special disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era and prohibits discrimination based on Vietnam era veteran status or special disabled veteran status in federally assisted programs.
Components of the Affirmative Action Programs
- Non-Discrimination Policy
- Job Group, Utilization, and Data Collection Analyses
- Designation of Responsibility
- Action-Oriented Programs
- Policy for Employment of Individuals with Disabilities