Student Success and Engagement
Supporting Our Students
Student Success and Engagment encompasses academic support services and the Academic Success Center as well as student involvement and leadership in the campus community.
The Office of Student Success and Engagement
The Student Involvement and Leadership Office serves to support and promote the development of the whole student through co-curricular involvement, community building, and leadership development.
The Student Involvement and Leadership Office seeks to enrich and empower the students of SUNY-ESF to become active and successful citizens of the world.
- Provide inclusive social, cultural, and educational opportunities for all students on campus through a variety of involvement opportunities including workshops, trainings, educational sessions, student-led programming, and recognition opportunities.
- Provide consulting, advising, and leadership opportunities for student association, student organizations, faculty and staff advisors, and other students and colleagues of ESF.
- In collaboration with various Student Affairs offices, provide educational, social, and recreational activities to promote balance, wellness, and healthy lifestyles to help students increase their productivity in the classroom and their overall satisfaction with the college experience.
- Cultivate a welcoming, inclusive, and respectful climate for all students and their families.
- Offer on-campus and off-campus events for students, faculty, staff, and families that recognize and celebrate the achievements of students and the ESF campus.
Whether your plans lead to self employment or working with others, well defined organizational, communication, and management skills will be vital. Such experience is gained through student organization membership, attendance at skill-building seminars, and volunteer services.