Moon Library Frequently Asked Questions
- Not seeing your question here? Check out the full FAQ.
To get to Moon Library resources off campus:
- You MUST be enrolled in DUO: Computing & Network Services > Account Info > DUO (esf.edu)
- Navigate to and select the resource you are looking for (ScienceDirect, JSTOR, etc.)
- If you are on campus, you will be taken directly to the resource you selected
- If you are off campus, you will be asked for your username and password (ESFiD).
- If you don't know your username and password, or it doesn't work, please see this related answer.
After you are successfully logged in, you will have the same privileges and search capabilities as you would in Moon Library or anywhere else on campus.
If you have any other access questions, you can contact the main desk at 315-470-6711 or email library staff at email@example.com
Note: For other ways of getting passed through the Remote Library Access Login screen, check out the links below.
To reserve Moon 110 or 19, go to ESF spaces and follow the directions listed.
Please note: If your event is held outside regular Library hours of operations - please be advised that you are responsible for requesting permission from the Director of College Libraries for use of the Moon Library after hours. Permission must be granted prior to making your reservation on the calendar. You are also responsible for notifying the following:
- Physical Plant (470-6588) in order to arrange for heating or cooling
- ESF University Police (470-6667) to ensure that the library doors are locked. Setup is required for more than 30 participants in 110 Moon.
- Seeing that those not attending the scheduled event be kept out of the library.
The Director of College Libraries will confirm permission to use the building after normal hours with ESF University Police.
To renew items on loan, users will need to navigate to the library discovery system (Primo) and login into their account. Check out this guide for more information .
You can come in anytime when the library is open. If you have an in depth research question, librarians are available from 9am - 3pm Monday - Thursday and 9am - 1pm on Fridays as long as the library is open.
If you need help outside of those times, you can send a question through the widget on the right hand side of this page or directly email a librarian. A list of librarians and their emails is on our directory page.
Finally, we have some research guides that will help you get started doing research in your major. The full list can be found at: http://libguides.esf.edu/index.php