Camping in Huntington Wildlife Forest
Camping on HWF requires permission of a Newcomb Campus Staff member, and reservation with the Guest Services Manager. Camping is only allowed on Catlin Lake at 1) Birch Point lean-to and 2) designated tent sites at Sabattis Pass. Housing fees will be applied to the use of these sites when appropriate.
- Users are responsible for providing their own firewood.
- No collecting or cutting of wood at the designated sites.
- Fires are to be of reasonable size (no bonfires) and contained within the established fire ring/fireplace.
- Do not re-build or "adjust" the fire ring.
- Outhouses are to be utilized during the stay.
- Food will be appropriately stored to avoid wildlife conflicts.
- Educational groups camping on the property must have on-site supervision.
- All Newcomb Campus policies apply when using these sites (i.e., alcohol, dogs, firearms)
- Camping is restricted to designated tent sites only.
- Campfires are only allowed in the group fire ring located at Sabattis Pass cabin.
- The cabin is not for overnight camping but can be used as a shelter in hazardous weather.
Birch Point Lean-to
- Group size is limited to 6 people.
- Campfires are only allowed in the fireplace.