Streams, Rivers, and Lakes
Papers Addressing Uncertainty in Streams, Rivers, and Lakes
You can improve the QUEST Bibliography by adding papers using this Google Form. You will need to identify the sources of uncertainty and methods of quantifying them. If you find errors in our database, please notify us at email@example.com.
- Click here for list of papers searchable by sources of uncertainty addressed and methods to quantify them.
- Appling, A.P., M.C. Leon, and W.H. McDowell. 2015. Reducing bias and quantifying uncertainty in watershed flux estimates: the R package loadflex. Ecosphere.
- Aulenbach, B.T., D.A. Burns, J.B. Shanley, R.D. Yanai, K. Bae, A.D. Wild, Y. Yang, and D. Li. 2016. Approaches to stream solute load estimation for solutes with varying dynamics from five diverse small watersheds. 2016. Ecosphere.
- Aulenbach and Hooper. 2006. The composite method: an improved method for stream-water solute load estimation. In Hydrological Processes.
- Benke et al. 2008. Parameter uncertainty, sensitivity analysis and prediction error in a water-balance hydrological model. Mathematical and Computer Modelling 47(11-12): 1134-1149 Abstract
- Buso et al. 2000. Chemistry of Precipitation, Streamwater, and Lakewater from the Hubbard Brook Ecosystem Study: A Record of Sampling Protocols and Analytical Procedures. USDA FS General Technical Report.
- Campbell, J.L., R.D. Yanai, M.B. Green, G.E. Likens, C.R. See, A.S. Bailey, D.C. Buso, and D. Yang. 2016. Uncertainty in the net hydrologic flux of calcium in a paired-watershed harvesting study. Ecosphere.
- Hirsch. 1982. A Comparison of Four Streamflow Record Extension Technique. In Water Resources Research.
- Hornbeck. 1965. Accuracy in streamflow measurements on the Fernow Experimental Forest. A USDA FS Research Note.
- Levine, C.R., R.D. Yanai, G.G. Lampman, D.A. Burns, C.T. Driscoll, G.B. Lawrence, J.A. Lynch, and N. Schoch. 2014. Evaluating the efficiency of environmental monitoring programs. Ecological Indicators. 39: 94 – 101. DOI: 10.1016/j.ecolind.2013.12.010 HTML| PDF
- Lewis, J. 2006. Fixed and mixed-effects models for multi-watershed experiments. In: Proceedings, 3rd Federal Interagency Hydrologic Modeling Conference, Apr 2-6, 2006, Reno NV.
- Lyon, S.W., M. Nathanson, A. Spans, T. Grabs, H. Laudon, J. Temnerud, K.H. Bishop, and J. Seibert. 2012. Specific discharge variability in a boreal landscape. Water Resources Research 48. PDF
- Mishra. 2009. Uncertainty and sensitivity analysis techniques for hydrologic modeling. Journal of Hydroinformatics
- Oda et al. 2011. Importance of frequent storm flow data for evaluating changes in stream water chemistry following clear-cutting in Japanese headwater catchments. In Forest Ecology and Management.
- Pappenburger and Beven. 2006. Ignorance is bliss: Or seven reasons not to use uncertainty analysis. Water Resources Research
- Ross, D.S., et al. 2015. Inter-Laboratory Variation in the Chemical Analysis of Acidic Forest Soil Reference Samples from Eastern North America. Ecosphere.
- Shirmohammadi, A., I. Chaubey, R. D. Harmel, D. D. Bosch, R. Muñoz-Carpena, C. Dharmasri, A. Sexton, M. Arabi, M. L. Wolfe, J. Frankenberger, C. Graff, T. M. Sohrabi. 2006. Uncertainty in TMDL (Total Maximum Daily Load) Models. In Transactions of the ASABE
- Webb et al. 1997. Load estimation methodologies for British rivers and their relevance to the LOIS RACS(R) programme. In Science of The Total Environment.
- Yanai, R.D., N. Tokuchi, J.L. Campbell, M.B. Green, E. Matsuzaki, S.N. Laseter, C.L. Brown, A.S. Bailey, P. Lyons, C.R. Levine, D.C. Buso, G.E. Likens, J. Knoepp, K. Fukushima. Sources of uncertainty in estimating stream solute export from headwater catchments at three sites. Hydrological Processes. in press . DOI: 10.1002/hyp.10265 Abstract | HTML | PDF