The Center for Nature Interpretation in the Adirondacks
Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Trails open daily from dawn to dusk.
Support the AIC
The AIC is part of SUNY ESF's Newcomb Campus and serves thousands of visitors, area residents and program participants with outstanding learning opportunities in the heart of the Adirondack Park – New York’s unique natural, cultural and recreational resource.
Visit the AIC as you explore the Adirondacks
- Relax in our lobby with views of the surrounding forest and enjoy the birds at our feeders.
- Speak with a staff naturalist.
- Explore trails through lakeshore, river, forest and wetland ecosystems.
- Participate in a public program to discover the cultural and natural history of the Northern Forest
- Visit our amazing new exhibit space - The Northern Forest Room
Our Amazing Exhibit Space
The Northern Forest Room shares the natural and cultural history of the Northern Forest and Adirondacks through interactive displays, beautiful images and a bird feeding station.
Educational Programs & Facilities
The AIC offers public programs, events, speaker series, courses and other activities throughout the year to the public as well as school groups. AIC programs provide individuals and groups with opportunities to learn directly from ESF faculty and staff members and guest experts.
ESF's extensive Adirondack facilities provide sites for classes, meetings, conferences and multi-day residential programs.
Most AIC facilities and programs are wheelchair accessible. Contact us for details.