Guidelines for ESF (SU) ID cards
Category and applicable ID card
- State or Research Foundation paid employee - Employee ID card (note: temporary employees are eligible for ID card for period of temporary employment only)
- Green Thumb employee located on ESF campus - Employee ID card
- USDA Forest Service employee located on ESF campus - Employee ID card
- Adjuncts (non-paid) residing on-campus (requires Provost approval) - Employee ID card
- Visiting Scholar - Student ID card (NOTE: while visiting scholars are not always students, this is the ID card SU has determined they are eligible for.)
- Volunteer - Special Program ID card
- College-approved Guest - Special Program ID card
New Faculty and Staff
Once you've received your credentials from CNS you can request your ESF photo ID by first submitting a photo at submit or update SUID photo, then complete the Syracuse ID Card Services Issue/Replacement Form. For the issue type, please select "First Issue". You will be notified via email when your card is ready for pick up at 111 Waverly on the SU campus.
The ID number to use for this process is a 6-digit number that was included in your credential email. Please do not put any spaces when entering the number. If you can't find the number, the HR office can provide that for you.
After you have received your ESF ID from SU, activate your NetID by going to the SU-ITS page. Once your NetID has been created.
Department Chair contacts Registrar's office (111 Bray Hall x6663) to load instructor and course(s) to be taught in ESF Database and Myslice (faculty must have ESF ID in order to do this).
Blackboard Access for New or Visiting Faculty
Department Chair's must contact the Registrar's Office (111 Bray Hall, x6663) to load the instructor and course(s) to be taught in ESF Database and MySlice.
If you need Blackboard access, after you have obtained your ESF ID (faculty must have ESF ID in order to access Blackboard), and notified the Registrar's office of courses being taught, contact Aaron Knight, Office of Communications and Marketing (X6648) to request use of Blackboard.
Note - ESF Email Eligibility Rules
Categories #1 through #5 above are eligible for ESF email. For categories #6 and #7 above, after obtaining ID card, individuals may contact CNS in 317 Baker to request guest internet account (they are not eligible for ESF email).