Human Resources at ESF
We request that faculty, staff, and students communicate ALL international and domestic travel plans, including personal travel, to the Office of Human Resources via the SUNY ESF Travel Report Form. Please note that employees traveling for ESF purposes will still be required to complete a Travel Authorization Form in addition to the SUNY ESF Travel Report Form.
What should I do if I am showing symptoms of COVID-19?
If you begin to show symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough or shortness of breath) immediately access the Upstate Medical University COVID-19 Update Center where you can use the Upstate Coronavirus Assessment Tool to determine your next steps, linked here: https://www.upstate.edu/emergencymgt/trending/coronavirus.php.
Contact the COVID-19 Triage Number at 315-464-3979 and/or your primary care doctor for advisement. The triage number is staffed 24/7. Additional information can also be found at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
You should also notify your supervisor that you are sick. Please be advised you are not required to disclose your health condition or provide medical documentation directly to your supervisor. Please inform the Human Resources Office of your medical condition by calling 315-470-6611. The college reserves the right to request medical documentation. If you test positive for COVID-19 and you are required to be quarantined or self-quarantine by the Department of Health, you will be provided with 14 calendar days of leave without charge to accruals.
March 17: Governor Directs Non-Essential State Employees to Work from Home
In response to the public health emergency for the COVID-19 virus, all non-essential New York State employees (including temporary employees) are to work from home starting 3/17/2020 for the next two weeks. All employees are required to review and complete a Non-Essential Personnel Work Plan (DOC). Employees should review their plan with their supervisor for approval, and submit directly to HR.
Non-Essential Personnel should provide their supervisor with a weekly status report (DOC). Supervisors are required to maintain these records for each direct-report.
The FAQs listed here are intended to guide SUNY ESF employees in addressing work-related concerns surrounding novel coronavirus, COVID-19.
Governor's Return to Work Requirements
Please contact the Human Resources Office at 315-470-6611 if you have follow-up questions.
Jobs at ESF
HR at ESF
- Current ESF Vacancies
- Area Resources for Job Applicants
- SUNY Professional Staff Vacancies Announcement
- Title IX and Non-Discrimination Policy
- Upstate NY Higher Education Recruitment Consortium
- Benefits Information (by negotiating unit)
- Benefits Information for Research Foundation Employees
- Benefits Bulletin Board
- Campus Safety Reports
- Domestic Violence Prevention, NYS Office
- Employees Assistance Program (EAP: confidential information assessment & referral)
- Faculty Development
- Handbooks & Policies
- Classified Handbook
- ESF Policies & Procedures
- Faculty and Professional Staff Handbook
- ID card guidelines for ESF (SUID)
- Joint Labor/ Management Health & Safety Committee
- New Employee Orientation
- Title IX, Non-Discrimination Policy
- Tobacco- and Smoke- Free ESF
- Training & Education Opportunities (CSEA, SUNY Tuition Assistance, Governor's Office of Employee Relations)
- "Workplace Violence Prevention & Domestic Violence in the Workplace" (PPT)
Information on Hiring
- Forms (appointment, volunteer, etc.)
- Recruiting and Hiring Resources
- Hiring SUNY Students
- Maximum Weekly Hours (Excel)
- I-9 Requirements
- New Student Employee Information (I-9 forms, paperwork, time sheets, checks, etc.)
- New Employee Checklist and Separating Employee Notification Process (PDF)