ESF Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
As part of the Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Program, the College will provide equal opportunity and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of his/her status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or Other Protected Veteran.
The College will take action to ensure that applicants and employees are treated without regard to their status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or Other Protected Veteran.; Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, promotion, demotion, or transfer recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training.
The College will take affirmative action, which is a positive, ongoing effort to employ and advance individuals with the status of Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, and Other Protected Veteran. It is the goal of this College to achieve representation of employees in these groups that reflects their availability in the recruitment area.
Adoption of this policy is in compliance with Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Act of 1974 and the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998.
- Bias Reporting
- Campus Climate: Five Drivers of Diversity
- CDO's Statement on Civility
- Chosen/Preferred Names (registrar website)
- Discrimination and Harassment
- Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Plan
- ESF Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
- Faculty Resources (PDF)
- Interfaith & Holiday Guidelines
- Nondiscrimination Policy (Title IX website)
- Professional Learning Sessions
- Recruiting and Hiring Resources
- Responding to a Hostile Work Environment
- ESF Web Accessibility Policy (PDF)
Advice Sheets to Equally Represent Women at ESF
- 10 Actions to Ensure that SUNY ESF is inclusive for Women? (PDF)
- Are You a Mentor, Supervisor, or Manager for Women? (PDF)
- Are you Chairing a Committee? (PDF)
- Are you on a Search Committee or Hiring? (PDF)
- Are you on an Admissions Committee or Recruiting New Graduate Students? (PDF)
- Are You Organizing a Seminar or Committee? (PDF)