Environmental Health and Safety
- John Wasiel Environmental Health & Safety Officer
- Emergency Guide
This emergency guide is intended for use by staff and students at ESF is designed specifically to meet possible emergency conditions on this campus.
Laboratory / Chemicals
- Laboratory Safety Guide and Chemical Hygiene PlanThe objective of this manual is to protect laboratory workers from exposure to hazardous chemicals and situations that may endanger their health and safety. A conscious effort by all laboratory personnel to follow these guidelines is essential to achieve a safe work environment.
- Material Safety Data SheetsA comprehensive list of Internet Material Safety Data Sheet databases.
- Hazard Assessment Signage Program InstructionsProgram to create signs for laboratory entrances indicating hazards within and emergency contact information.
- Chemical LabelsProgram to produce detailed chemical container labels, provided by Cornell University.
- Additional Safety Information
Vermont Safety Information Resources, Inc.
- Chemical Waste Management (PDF)
Instructions for properly identifying and managing chemical and hazardous waste. Submit lab waste pick-up requests or related questions to email@example.com
Recycling / Waste
- ESF Battery Recycling GuidelinesIn a continuing effort to promote environmentally responsible recycling practices, ESF recycles batteries generated in offices, labs, and shops on campus.
- Waste Light Bulb Recycling GuidelinesGuidelines for the collection and recycling of all fluorescent, mercury vapor, metal halide and high-pressure sodium light bulbs used on campus.
- Animal Waste Disposal Procedure (PDF)
- Hot Work Policy and Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)
- Hot Work Permit Form (PDF)
- Hot Work Sign (PDF)
- Fire System Impairment