Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content

Transfer Housing at ESF's Syracuse Campus

Off-Campus Housing

Most transfer students choose to live in off-campus apartments in the neighborhood surrounding the SUNY-ESF and SU campus, University Hill. Visit our off-campus Housing page to learn more about resources available for locating housing in the University Hill area and the Greater Syracuse area.

On-Campus Housing

On-campus housing for ESF transfer students is available on a space available basis. Students interested in living on-campus must indicate their interest on the Undergraduate Enrollment Agreement (enclosed with their offer of admission) and return this form with the $400 deposit to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions by May 1 for fall entry and December 1 for spring entry. Requests received after these deadlines will be considered for any remaining openings. Transfer students who request consideration for on-campus housing will be notified whether or not they have been placed in Centennial Hall by mid-May to early June for fall entry or late November to early December for spring entry.

Please do not complete the on-line housing application for Centennial Hall which only applies to current students.

Questions regarding on-campus housing for transfer students should be directed to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Meal Plans for Transfers

Whether living on campus or off, transfer students are welcome to purchase a dining plan from Syracuse University for ESF's Trailhead Café and Moon Café. Those living in on-campus housing units without full kitchens are required to have a meal plan. All students with meal plans dine in any of the five campus dining centers and each meal plan includes a declining balance account for a la carte dining at the snack bars and food courts.

If you have meal plan questions, contact the SU Housing and Meal Plan Office at