Serving Alcohol at Events
The College of Environmental Science and Forestry has long had a strong commitment to the educational, personal, and professional welfare of the entire College community: students, faculty, and staff. In keeping with this commitment, a policy has been established governing the use and distribution of alcoholic beverages. The purpose of the policy is to encourage the development of responsible attitudes and behavior regarding alcohol consumption on ESF campuses. In addition, this policy was adopted to conform with State legislation prohibiting the serving of alcoholic beverages to persons under the age of 21.
Any student group wishing to serve alcohol at an event must read and comply with all provisions of ESF's Governing the use and distribution of alcoholic beverages Policy, linked below.
If the group's plan is in strict keeping with this policy, then an official alcohol request form must be completed and submitted as instructed by at least 45 business days prior to ensure that ample time is given to receive a liquor license.
Here are additional items you will need:
- A licensed caterer for both food and drink (beer and wine and non-alcoholic options)
- A space on ESF's campus including a diagram with your set-up needs
- Please be sure to factor in an indoor location if you plan to have the event outside, including having a space booked and the diagram as well
- Landlord Authorization Form, signed by the ESF Vice President for Administration
- 2-tabbed wristbands for guests consuming alcohol who are over 21 years of age
- University Police presence during the entirety of the event