The Sustainability Ambassadors program invites a designee from each office, division or department to spend a few hours of (paid!) time each month serving as their group's sustainability educator and point person.
The goal of the Ambassadors program is to facilitate sustainable practices on campus through faculty and staff peer-to-peer education and action.
Check out the Sustainability Ambassadors Guide, linked below, for more information about the program.
Sustainability Ambassadors pose for a group photo outside of Moon Library
What do Ambassadors do?
Each month, the Office of Sustainability leads a kickoff meeting to discuss that month's theme with Ambassadors. Monthly themes are deliberately specific and Ambassadors are asked to educate their colleagues about this specific topic in a different, fun way each week for the rest of the month.
- Commit an additional 5 hours per month (~1 hour per week) performing the following:
- Weekly communication with faculty and staff in their home department, division or office about the monthly sustainability topic & upcoming sustainability events and programming
- Attend monthly meetings with the Office of Sustainability
- Monthly meetings will also allow Ambassadors to identify opportunities for collaboration, share insights, and discuss challenges with other Ambassadors
- Assist with identifying, creating, and implementing new sustainability programming and resources for the campus or their home department, division or office
Interested in becoming an Ambassador?
Complete the interest form below!
Sustainability Ambassador Resources
Meet the Ambassadors
- Andy Houck, Information Systems
- Chief Bob Dugan, University Police
- Chris Card, Division of Student Affairs
- Emily Wheeler, Office of the President
- Jason Kohlbrenner, Division of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Jennifer Cullivan, Office of Alumni Affairs
- Jill Rahn, Forest Properties
- Karen Moore, Office of Communications & Marketing
- Kathy Lang, Open Academy
- Kelly Watson-Collins, Chemical Engineering
- Kialey Day, Undergraduate Admissions
- Kristina Hart, Office of Business Affairs
- Luis Suatoni, Office of Sustainable Facilities & Operations (Operations)
- Michael Stowell, Moon Library
- Natasha Karniski-Keglovits, Newcomb Campus
- Rachel Graham, Ranger School
- Sean Korbas, Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Tanner Leto, Office of Sustainable Facilities & Operations (Facilities)