Division of Sustainable Facilities & Operations
The Division of Sustainable Facilities & Operations includes the Facilities, Planning, Design and Construction (FPDC) unit and the Facilities Operations and Services (FOS) unit.
The FOS unit includes the Custodial, Grounds and Garage Divisions. Explore the Operations and Services page for greater detail about the services that each of these divisions provide and for supervisor contact information.
FPDC and FOS are responsible for maintaining the vast majority of campus spaces. The primary way that many members of the campus community interact with Facilities staff is via the Work Order system. Instructions for submitting a Work Order can be viewed in the drop down menu below.
Does your office need a deep clean? Is a space on campus too hot or cold? Do you have surplus equipment or furniture? Do you need furniture moved? Work Orders are here to help!
All specific work requests (non-emergency) should be submitted to the Facilities Department through Maintenance Direct. Please follow the process outlined below to submit a Work Order and be sure to obtain appropriate departmental approval before requesting work, such as office moves, painting etc.
- Visit the ESF Work Order homepage by following this link
- If you have never submitted a Work Order, create a new user account using your ESF name and password
- If you have submitted a Work Order in the past, log in with your ESF email and password
- Fill in the online form. Be sure to add a detailed description so we know how to best help you!
- Important! The submittal password is Oakie with a capital “O”.
Please keep in mind that cabinets, bookshelves and fridges/freezers must be clear of debris before they are cleaned by custodial staff or moved by grounds staff. Contact facilities with questions or comments about the Work Order system (or ext. 6589).